‘But feelings can’t be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem.’
― Anne Frank
The Planetary Configurations:
Mars in Leo is conjunct the Sun and opposite the Moon (4’orb).There is also a trine/sextile from Jupiter to the Moon/Sun (2’ orb). This Eclipse is also part of ann intense Yod in the sky, with the Sun as the apex planet and the Moon as the release point! The quincunx is from the Sun to Pluto (2’ orb) on one side and to Neptune (2’ orb) on the other!
Why do Eclipses matter?
There are two Eclipse seasons a year – one in Oct/Nov and one in July/Aug. The Eclipse season lasts from a few weeks before the first Eclipse, until a week or so after the last Eclipse. However, the effects of the Eclipses last for approx. 6 months after each Eclipse.
Lunar Eclipses are a more intense Full Moon – with a twist! During a Full Moon the light of the Sun fully illuminates the Moon. How this translates in our daily life, is that emotions that are usually under the surface, become more visible as they enter our consciousness. Hence we talk about ‘lunacy’ during a Full Moon, which describes a sense of feeling overtaken and overwhelmed by our emotions.
However, the twist with the Eclipse is that although emotions come to the surface, they are temporarily covered over or eclipsed. So we are aware that they are there, but unlike a non-eclipsed Full Moon, we are not conscious of what they are about. As this is happening to all of us at the same time, it can feel like a power surge of emotions, without the consciousness to make sense of what they are and hence how to process them.
Depending on where this Eclipse falls in your natal chart and which planets – if any – are activated, this will feel more or less personally intense for you. However, as it is a global occurrence, anyone who is sensitive and/or has a very watery chart is likely to reverberate strongly with these energies, even if they are not personal to your own chart. Hence, it’s very important to stay as centered as possible in your own emotions and body and to keep clearing out other people’s energies and emotions!
Some Key Themes to look out for with this Lunar Eclipse:
1. A strong drive to take urgent action in whatever area of life the Sun/Mars/North Node in Leo falls in your natal chart. Heart centered action can work well, but if it’s based on ego, it is likely to be reflected back in an enhanced way over the next few months.
2. This is an ideal time to let go of old emotional baggage – resentments, fears, regrets, shame, guilt, annoyances, frustrations…
3. Parental issues may come to the surface to be resolved and released so that we can move forward lighter and easier.
4. There may be challenges between the wellbeing of the group/tribe/collective versus ‘Me, Myself and I’! This could manifest via challenges between family and community needs, versus personal needs and desires.
5. With Mercury in shadow and going Retrograde on Aug 13th it’s well worth paying additional attention to all forms of communication, particularly when it entails formal documents!
This Eclipse is likely to feel particularly powerful if your Sun, Moon and/or angles are between 11’ and 16’ Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio. Also if you are part of the generation with the Nodal axis in Leo/Aquarius as the theme of self/individuality/ego, versus others/idealism/helping the collective, is a key theme in your life journey.
Some suggested tools for this Lunar Eclipse:
1. Time in nature can really help to stay grounded and get some sleep and rest at this time. Because this Eclipse is in Air and Fire, it has a high speed, detached quality about it, which is very removed from the natural and physical realms of Earth and our body. This can feel a bit harsh and edgy on our nervous system
2. Meditation and breathing exercises can help to stay centered and as calm as possible amidst any potential chaos around us.
3. It’s well worth taking nothing personally!! Keep in mind that everyone’s emotions are surfacing at the same time. Kindness, compassion, patience and tolerance will go a long way towards preventing accidents and stressful encounters.
4. Discernment as to where and if action is needed, and how to take it in a grounded and loving manner is useful right now.
5. Forgiveness for self and others will bear great fruits in the months to come. The Hawaiian practice of Ho’oponopono is one of several healing forgiveness practices http://upliftconnect.com/hawaiian-practice-of-forgiveness/
6. For general tips on how to navigate Eclipses, feel free to have a look at my blog from Feb 2017 http://astrologypsychological.com/…/some-simple-tips-on-ho…/
7. Eclipses can be a stressful time in Relationships – our YouTube recording on the Lunar Eclipse and Relationships is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktjk6WU6O34&feature=youtu.be
Margaret Gray Aug 2017
I offer Astrology readings to individuals, couples and children in person in Dublin and via Skype elsewhere. You can contact me at email@example.com
Legal copyright of Margaret Gray Aug 2017