March 30th GMT New Moon at 9 Aries 58 – Some Brief Notes by Margaret Gray
Try not to react merely in the moment. Pull back from the situation. Take a wider view – Epictetus
This New Moon is conjunct Uranus in Aquarius, Square Pluto in Capricorn and Jupiter in Cancer. It marks the commencement of a particularly intense month of major transformation which will peak in the period leading up to the exact Uranus/Pluto square on April 20th/21st.
The Nature of this New Moon:
Fast somewhat erratic energy, particularly on a mental level
- The spiritual, physical, emotional and mental Warrior Archetype
- Potentially confrontational
- Strongly inclined towards potentially self-absorbed action, regardless of the consequences
- Like a bolt of lightening
- Separative energy
- Action oriented
- Courageous and adventurous
Some of the Core Themes for this New Moon:
- Self-focus versus consideration of others
- Innovative rapid changes
- Newness and excitement
- Leadership qualities come to the fore
- Impulsive rash urge to act and react
- Independence and detachment versus connection and relationship
- Challenges and rapid changes to traditional structures
- Sudden insights
Some Tools to work with this New Moon:
It is worth taking additional care of our nervous system at this time through relaxation, meditation, yoga, massage, cranio-sacral work etc. With three planets in the sign of Aries which rules the head, it can help to ensure we are as grounded as possible to release some of the tension that may accumulate in our thoughts. Nature provides wonderful grounding – walking, hiking etc.
It may be in our best interest to be particularly careful not to react – best to breathe, ground and wait before taking any impulsive action. The somewhat jarring nature of this new moon can be softened by self-nurturing and compassion aided by Jupiter in Cancer. It can also be creatively expressed through going on an adventure and trying something new.
The key to this New Moon is finding balance, offered by Libra – the opposing sign to Aries.
Who is most likely to resonate with these energies?
If your Sun, Moon or angles are between 7’ and 11’ Aries, Libra, Capricorn and/or Cancer, you are likely to feel the above energies more powerfully. Notice where the New Moon falls in your chart, to ascertain which areas of your life are more likely to reverberate with the above themes.