Some Brief notes on Jupiter in Virgo by Margaret Gray MSW D. Psych. Astrology
The Best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others – Mahatma Gandhi
The Core Themes for this Transit = Who am I? What brings me meaning in life? Where am I being of service in the world?
It may be helpful to look back at the previous 3 transits of Jupiter in this sign to see what you were doing at this time. As with all transits, this current transit will offer us the opportunity to continue whatever was started during previous transits.
Start of Oct 1979 – End Oct 1980
Mid Sept 1991 – Early Oct 1992
End Aug 2003 – End Sept 2004
Jupiter by nature expands and enlightens whatever he comes into contact with. Hence, during his sojourn in Virgo his focus will be on Virgoan themes and arenas. These include: the environment, complementary healing, learning and education and the service industries, amongst many others. Psychologically and astrologically Virgo is concerned with intellectual analysis and understanding. This is the Mercurial aspect of this otherwise Earthy sign. However, its Earthy dimension has a need to apply its analysis in a helpful and practical way to the world of matter. Hence the Virgo connection to the theme of service.
Although all of us are going to reverberate with the Jupiter in Virgo themes over the next 13 months, they are going to resonate more profoundly for anyone who has the Sun, Moon, Nodes and/or Angles in Virgo, Pisces, Sagittarius and/or Gemini.
This is also an important transit for all who were born between mid Aug 1957 – Aug 1972, (aside from short periods when Pluto forwarded into Libra before final visits to Virgo). Pluto was in Virgo during this time. Hence, Jupiter will make a conjunction to your Pluto at some stage over the next year. The timing will depend on the degree of your Pluto. During this time you will be offered another opportunity to integrate unfinished issues to do with Pluto in your chart. This includes connecting with and expanding your sense of self-empowerment as well as your passion.
Some questions to explore over the next year:
- What gives me meaning in life?
- Where am I being of service?
- What remains unprocessed and undigested in my life?
- What aspects of my health do I need to take care of now?
- How am I feeding and nurturing my body?
- What do I need to eliminate that is not feeding/nurturing me in my life?
- Is my work fulfilling and healthy for me? What and how is it contributing to the collective?
- What aspects of my life can I simplify?
Some tools that may help at this time:
- Time alone to meditate and write.
- Time in nature.
- Making any necessary changes to improve health and wellbeing – diet, exercise etc
- Contributing in some way to the collective
- Self-analysis either alone or with a therapist/counselor – with honesty and self KINDNESS!!
I leave you with this simple quote by William Shakespeare: ‘No legacy is so rich as honesty.’
Jupiter in Virgo invites us to be honest with ourselves, for ourselves.
Legal Copyright of Margaret Gray August 2015