Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
Chiron, has finally moved out of Pisces which he was travelling through since March 2011. With an elliptic orbit, Chiron which lies between the orbits of Saturn and Uranus, stays in some signs longer than others and Aries is a particularly long one. He will be in this first fiery sign of the zodiac until May 2027, (aside from a last visit back to Pisces from Oct 2018 – Feb 2019).
Based on the mythology attributed to this visitor to our solar system, there are several general archetypal themes to consider with Chiron:
- The outsider.
- The scapegoat
- The wise teacher.
The feeling of pain that can arise with Chiron transits is often related to an inner rejection, repression and disassociation from parts of ourselves that feel unformed and primitive. They are connected to the painful realization of the limitations of our human imperfections, versus our godly ideal of perfection (Saturn versus Uranus). Chiron reminds us that our spiritual journey on this planet is grounded in earthy matter, which by its nature includes challenges.
Some key differences between Chiron in Pisces and Chiron in Aries are as follows:
Chiron in Pisces:
- The ending of another journey of Chiron through the zodiac.
- An existential feeling of loneliness and abandonment due to a perceived sense of disconnection from source. Divine homesickness.
- Confusing martyrdom with compassion and love.
- Healing through faith and unconditional love.
Chiron in Aries:
The start of a new journey for Chiron through the zodiac.
A deep concern with fairness and truth.
- The development of true courage, rather than aggression, in the face of injustice.
- The integration of an authentic sense of a potent self, that is not based on false ego.
- Independence and individuality, rooted in interdependence.
- Healing through facing our internal truth, being couragous and owning our power.
Chiron was last in Aries between April 1968 and March 1977.
- 1968: the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King which increased a general awareness of the insidiousness of racism
- In 1977 Harvey Milk, who was murdered in 1978, became one of the first openly gay officials in the USA, increasing the awareness of LGBT issues and homophobia. In the 70’s HIV was also coming to light, later killing thousands in the LGBT community and beyond and feeding the already rampant homophobia.
- In July 1969 Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the Moon. His courage moved much of the world to tears.
- In 1972 there was the Watergate scandal in the USA, where the truth came to light.
Previously Chiron was in Aries from April 1918 – March 1927
- In 1919 Mussolini forged the fascist movement in Italy and became prime minister in 1922 later joining forces with Hitler’s nazi movement in Germany.
- In Germany, Hitler’s rise to power also started in 1919, leading to his dictatorship and the extermination of approx. 20 million people, the majority were Jews and also included 5,000 – 13,000 gay people, as well as other minority groups.
Planetary transits work as a spiral, so as Chiron revisits the same place in the heavenly spheres yet again, it will unravel another layer of the key themes related to Aries that needs understanding, healing and integrating. As the other planets are also moving, the configurations in the sky will not be the same as they were during prior transits by Chiron so new permutations will arise individually and collectively to do with the key themes and issues.
Some suggestions of ways to apply it to our lives:
- Take a look at where Aries is located in your birth chart and if you have planets there or in opposition, square, trine, sextile or quincunx Aries. Also note if you have Angles in Aries. All of these houses and planets will feel the energy of Chiron over the next 9 years.
- If your Chiron is in Cancer you will experience your first Chiron square during this time, which will wake Chiron up in your chart.
- If your Chiron is in Libra you will experience your Chiron opposition at this time. The key themes that were woken during your first Chiron square will become clearer now, so that you can work with them in more depth.
- If your Chiron is in Capricorn, you will experience your second Chiron square which gives you an opportunity to focus more deeply on integrating issues that came to light during the previous two transits of Chiron.
- If your natal Chiron is in Aries, you will experience your Chiron Return during this time. This is an opportunity to revisit, heal and integrate any areas of discomfort in this area of your life that came to light during the journey of Chiron around your chart. It is a major threshold crossing into a new ‘wise’ phase of life when our focus on offering something back to the wider community becomes stronger. MG
Information on Chiron in Relationships is on our YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gRmQkRZpb4&feature=youtu.be