Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
― Barack Obama
There are 3 major planetary events in 3 days:
15th – Mercury stationary direct
16th – The New Moon conjunct Uranus
17th – Chiron moves into Aries
Get ready for change! If you have been feeling stuck, this New Moon is likely to ‘shake, rattle and roll’ the stuckness, as new beginnings arrive at last! Sitting right next to Uranus and squaring Pluto, which is conjunct Mars in Capricorn, it’s likely to be ‘out with the old and in with the new’. Notice also that there is not a drop of Air in the sky, aside from the South Node in Aquarius, so it may not be easy to stand back and see the bigger picture until later in the week, when the Moon moves into Gemini and Mercury marches ahead.
The energy of this planetary stellium is highly impatient and easily frustrated if the possibility of moving forward is thwarted in any way. Notice where it lands in your birth chart, as this is where you are more likely to feel the urge for urgent, innovative, radical change. For example if it lands in your 11th house it may concern groups you are involved with, including friendships and family groups. In the 4th it is about home and roots…
With Pluto in the mix, there is a sense of uprooting old restraints, restrictions and inhibitions that may no longer be needed. With Chiron at the very last degree of Pisces, moving into Aries after the New Moon, there is an opportunity to put to rest the dying embers of old grief. Although Chiron will revisit Pisces once again for a few months from Oct 2018 – Feb 2019, it is unlikely to feel as challenging as it has done for the past few weeks, as it will be doing one last sweep over old ground, rather than digging up new concerns.
Some things to do that may be helpful for this New Moon:
- Physical exercise – outdoors if possible, to help discharge the powerful energies of the Aries stellium which can feel challenging for our nervous system. Being outdoors can also help ground the energies.
- Maintaining conscious awareness at all times of our behavior, to avoid impulsive unwarranted reactions that may hurt ourselves or others. Conscious breathing can help slow everything down – at least a tiny bit!
- Avoiding restrictions. Being in open spaces if at all possible, can enhance a sense of internal and external freedom.
- Minimizing duties if at all feasible, as we are unlikely to respond well to any limitations today.
- Spending some time planning something radically new and exciting. Planetary energies love us to work with them. Even a new haircut or outfit can help express something new within us. Which areas of your life need a good spring cleaning? What seeds would you like to plant today? MG